Pray The Rosary Here
Pray the Rosary daily with others from around the world.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Some Lapis Facts and a new Rosary

I have a new Lapis Lazuli Rosary listed--
When I was looking up some facts on Lapis in order to accurately describe the stones I had used, I found out that ...Lapis is a rock...meaning, it is not composed of a single mineral, but of several.
Lapis is a combination of primarily Lazurite with elements of golden pyrite, sodalite and calcite--that makes it a rock! The lazurite and sodalite give it its distinctive blue, long prized for jewelry. It has been mined for over 6,000 years in Afghanistan and is found in neolithic sites that predate the lovely items found in the Egyptian tombs!

ON THE BEAD BOARD

This Rosary was designed with a man in mind--simple, straitforward. The Crucifix shows Christ as the High Priest, and the center is a thick, double sided and lovely one showing the Sacred Heart on one side and the Blessed Virgin on the other in high relief.
The whole is wrapped in Tarnish Resistant Argentium 925 Sterling Silver and there are subtle Swarovski Crystal accents--altogether I was pleased with how it came together, and I hope you like it as well.

AND IN LOCAL NEWS...

We have a small moth in the work room/living room leading my big kitty Elvis Purrsley on a merry chase. As quickfooted as Elvis is, he's had no success in ridding the world of a flying bug. Said moth continues to buzz my worklamp with just the occasional drift into the room proper where he taunts Elvis....Squeaker watches with an interested gaze but no indication she will move her hefty kitty self into the battle! Maxx just went to bed, and at this hour it would be well for me to do the same...

all for now, j

1 comment:

Unknown said...

J,
I have three of your rosaries, one of my own and two gifts. As you know I have been very ill and was hospitalized w/ surgery for a month and 1/2. I was in constant contact with my rosary. I prayed it (as best I could on all the pain meds they had me on) and slept with the rosary on my surgical site every day and night. I want you to know that I have been for a follow up w/ the doctor and that I have been three times blessed by the Grace of God. Diseases that the surgeons actually held in their hands, some removed from my body, and many left untouched, HAVE ALL DISAPPEARED! I was the talk of the church this morning. What I expected to be a death sentence from the doctor turned out to be something that she could not explain!! They were all amazed! They tested my blood and there are no traces of the disease in my body. I am living proof of a miracle. For a month and 1/2 I prayed that rosary, held that rosary, and cried into that rosary. I know the love that went into making that rosary and that love came from Jeanine at Heartfelt Rosaries. I will be forever grateful for having found her. My rosary that J made turned out to be my lifeline to God. I truly believe that. My entire church believes that God has performed a miracle on me and I believe it to be true also. I know that God knows everytime I prayed that rosary. He and Mary saved my life and Jeanine was the person who's love and time and energy and Faith went into making that rosary especially for me.
It makes me feel that the two I gave as gifts will protect those two important people in my life as well.
I would truly buy a rosary from Jeanine for everyone I love if I could. I would stand on the street and hand them out to complete strangers too.
My life will never be the same. I have been blessed by God with health and the friendship of someone I will never forget who helped save my life.
Thank you Jeanine and Heartfelt Rosaries. You will always be in my prayers. With Love,
Cherieramos9@gmail.com