Pray The Rosary Here
Pray the Rosary daily with others from around the world.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Why are they so expensive?

I get that question a lot, and it's a fair question.  Some of my Rosaries are $550-$600...but there are also $50 Rosaries in the shop, and I spend the same effort on them as with the more expensive ones.  The wire wrap Rosaries are time consuming, labor intensive Rosaries; and I use more expensive components--they are heirloom quality, and I put the best components I can find to use there.  But I also make a simple, wire wrapped brown and Bronze Rosary that is very popular with third order Franciscans and seminarians--under $100 for a Rosary that  will happily reside in a pocket and is sturdy enough for heavy use without breaking. Ever.
There is also a collection of Cable (that is, strung on wire cable) Rosaries in the $40-70 range--

In short, I put my heart and love for Mary in every Rosary, no matter how humble--and I want to honor Mary with the best fruits of my work, whatever the price is.  It is by God's Grace channeled through the Blessed Mother that I am able to put food on the table by doing what I love.

Hope that helps.  Blessings+

No comments: