Pray The Rosary Here
Pray the Rosary daily with others from around the world.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Chalcedony and Aquamarine -- Pastels Everywhere,!

I've been keeping busy over this vacation week, wrapping beads every day and building up the shop inventory.  I had two lovely sets of beads in pastels, and summer is the perfect time for them, so...

ON THE BEAD BOARD
Aquamarine has always had an audience, and this is seriously good Aqua with the slight green tinge that sets Aquamarine apart from other blue stones. These stones are lovely, pale seafoam, and there is a LOT of Sterling Silver here. I always go full tilt with Aquamarine, because the bright Sterling punches up the color so beautifully!

My other pastel is a wonderful periwinkle violet, done in Chalcedony. This is a completely natural violet, found in nature, and is neither dyed nor heat treated. Try Googling Chalcedony and you'll see pictures of this stone in the rough. I added a little sparkle with Swarovski Crystal, and the White Turquoise Paters accentuate the pastel Aves nicely..

Both are in the shop now.

And finally, I'm trying to keep a Poppy Jasper Traditional Rosary in the shops--trouble is, they sell quickly. Perfect for a pocket or purse--or if you simply like the smaller, more traditional sizing--these Rosaries are made to last through a lifetime of daily use. Though I usually  use a St Francis theme with a San Damiano Crucifix, I ventured out a little with this one:
Notice the Moonstone accents with their blue flash?
VACATION NOTES
It is drawing to an end *Sniff* -- and I've gotten hold of a Perfect Storm of a summer cold, slowing down my Rosary production plans as I cough and wheeze through the day. And I managed to avoid a cold all winter, too! Seems rather unfair! Squeaker has her own ideas of how I should spend my day -- if she was relaxed at my last blog, she's limp as a towel today and showing me how to totally relax (or is it yoga?) in the midst of my misery! 
All for now,   J

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The new rosaries are beautiful! So sorry you got stuck with a cold during vacation (or any other time). The pics of the cats are a riot! They definately have the life!
When you have some time, I would love to know more about my rosary. You know I'm new at this so I need to rely on you for that info.
Have a great night.