Pray The Rosary Here
Pray the Rosary daily with others from around the world.

Monday, September 6, 2010

Summer's Over -- Back to Work!

I took most of July and August 'off' from Rosary making, as you probably already realized. The summer months are when I focus on making a few jewelry items to please myself, and on enjoying the weather...but I guess it's time to get back to work!

ON THE BEAD BOARD
Something old and something new--a repeat of an always popular St Francis Rosary with the San Damiano Crucifix done in the warm tones of Poppy Jasper...
The Crucifix is a copy of the one in the San Damiano Chapel, which was in great disrepair. St Francis was praying fervently there one day when the Lord said to him: Francis, repair my Church. At first, the saint thought he was asked  to put the chapel back into good repair, and so he did.  But he came to realize that Our Lord had something greater in mind: The reformation of the somewhat scandal plagued Church! And so he did, God Bless him.
This Rosary is very popular with the Franciscan Third Order, and I've tried to offer it fairly regularly, so here it is again.
On a fancier note, I've got a bit of medium dark, top quality Amethyst made up into a delightful Rosary.
Green is a complementary color to purple on the color wheel, and I like the blending of the perky emerald Swarovski with the softer purple.  Take a good look at the Paters, though--they are from my dwindling supply of hand made Sterling Bali beads with Amethyst cabochons (slices). I love the way they immediately dress up a Rosary--they also feel wonderful and silky in the hand.

Both are listed in the Shops now: Check out my Etsy Store at HeartFeltRosaries.com for these and lots more.
If you like Ebay better, I'm there as well: HeartFeltRosariesOnline.com.

And if you are wondering what I was up to during my 'vacation,' here are a couple of pix:
Happy labor day to all!
j

No comments: